- This event has passed.
Creating Engagement in the Virtual Classroom: Facilitation Skills for Experienced Virtual Trainers
October 18, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm CEST
Join International Association of Facilitators (IAF) in this session which will be presented by Karen Vieth from InSync Training.
Experienced virtual classroom facilitators need to get beyond simple interaction and learn how to create an immersive, impactful, and memorable learning experience. Our research suggests there are three factors at play in learner engagement: Emotional, Intellectual and Environmental Engagement. Learn how to engage learners in all three..
Several current research efforts directed at cognition in learning environments suggest there are at least three separate factors at play in learner engagement:
- Emotional Engagement – How the learner feels about the learning experience.
- Intellectual Engagement – What the learner thinks about the information presented in the learning experience.
- Environmental Engagement – How the learner’s interaction with the learning environment change both the environment and learner’s perception of the experience.
Start the journey that takes your virtual facilitation skills to the next level by joining this session and learning:
- How to facilitate emotional engagement, with a focus on creating psychological safety for all learners
- Ways to generate environmental engagement while supporting a diverse audience.
- How to encourage intellectual engagement through a variety of techniques, including
- What it means to align learner intent with the intent of the program design and business goals.
This content is based on original research by our team, published in Fall of 2019 by the University of Connecticut.
Karen Vieth, M.Ed.
Director of Services, InSync Training
Karen Vieth, M.Ed. is Director of Services at InSync Training. Karen specializes in live, virtual, and blended learning. She has been in the training field for more than twenty years and has delivered a variety of training programs designed to engage learners, elevate performance, and improve productivity. She has facilitated on-boarding, performance management, career management, coaching, goal setting, and development training programs.
Karen has a passion for training and enjoys sharing her knowledge with an energetic and creative approach to help individuals and organizations achieve results. Through storytelling and sharing real-life experiences, she makes learning inspiring and effective. She is a certified coach and is also Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified which she uses her knowledge about psychological type preferences to develop successful strategies for her clients.
Karen is a pioneer in virtual training dating back to 1999 where she started her career in Academia and since has moved into corporate training. Her background includes She graduated Summa cum Laude with a Master of Educational Leadership and Curriculum which allows her knowledge of adult learning to enrich the classes she teaches as well as design meaningful content to be delivered both in person and online.